Hatha Yoga to challenge Mind and Body
Sivananda is a traditional school of Hatha yoga which offers a comprehensive approach comprising philosophy, psychology, spirituality and physiology.
It is based on breathing (Prayanamas), Asanas (postures), relaxation and meditation including the marma points self-massage. It involves working deeply in the different layers of the body.
The rhythm, speed and the difficulties of the asanas vary according to the strength, balance and flexibility of each individual. The teaching follows a progression of sequences of postures and the benefits are quickly noticeable: toning muscles, sleeping better, losing weight, increasing concentration, managing hormonal levels, re-educating bowel movements... Feeling calmer & happier.
It is your journey, each time on the mat you discover a bit more about yourself!
How to become responsible for your life with Yoga?
Swami Vishnu Devananda compared our Body & Mind with a car...
The 5 important points are:
- Asanas are the maintenance practice to keep the body healthy and fit
- Breathing is the engine the lungs are the vital organs in our body
- Relaxing is the radiator keeping cool in order to avoid burn out
- Diet is the fuel food provides the source of energy and gives vitality
- Positive thinking is having a careful and respectful attitude developing a positive way of thinking to be happier
Swami Sivananda (1887-1963)
He was a doctor and dedicated his life to helping people. He was a great visionary and sent Swami Vishnu Devananda to America to teach Yoga to westerners.
He was a spiritual Humanist and opened "the Divine Society" Ashram in Rishikesh - no boundary between beings
God is Love!
Everything in moderation!